Monday, April 28, 2008

Small progress is progress too!

Here's a list of code changes I did since the last post

  • Created a Monster class
  • Changed a variable playername
This Monster class is nearly identical to the Player class and will hold all the information about any monster you're currently fighting.

So not a lot of changes code-wise. I have however already thought out every other element needed to set up a battle scene. I've figured out what I need for the monster data structure, the AI attack data structure, the spell data structure, the weapon data structure and the move data structure. (A move is choosen in conjuction with a spell or weapon to produce varying effects with strategic advantages and disadvantages)

In short, I've figured out what I need to make and how I need to make it. Now all that remains is making it.

This week and next week are vacation weeks for me, and I might or might not do anything then (with the likelyhood of second week productivity being higher) but I'll make sure to at least post something here at the end of my vacation with a schedule and/or new deadline.

See you then!

No comments: