Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Game Development, here I come!

So I figured that, in order to motivate myself, I should probably talk about my progress in developing games and all that, so here is the Blog associated with my own personal game developer company thing; Backyard Interactive.

This was originally going to be the name under which I and a few others would create a First Person Shooter as sort of a tribute to the Duke Nukem series... but that all got canned and since I still had the logo (and the name hasn't been taken by anyone else yet) I figured I might as well call it that.

So henceforth, you'll find updates on my developing for Backyard Interactive here.

--

Now let's talk games!

I'm currently working on a top-down 2D RPG game using C++ and SDL. The original purpose of this was to show how I can do this as well... but then after 3 weeks I wasn't quite there (features features features), so I figured I might as well toss the time table out the window and do a proper game with everything I'd want to see in it.

So at the moment, I have something that's probably more akin to a tech demo than an actual game, but I'll be hammering away at it trying to make it into something fun and (hopefully) entertaining to play.

I will post up a list of features implemented as well as features planned soon... it's been a few weeks since I worked on it and I need to review the featurelist again. I'll post about it under the name of "SDL-Rogue" as that's what the project name is at the moment :D

So, see you next time!

No comments: