Saturday, May 3, 2008

Vacation kicks asscheeks!

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive and haven't forgotten about this blog (and associated projects) yet.

I've been enjoying my vacation a lot. I really enjoy all the free time I have on my hands now... so much so that I'm sporadically doing work even! It's a scary thing... anyway... I've done a few things in the past week that I thought I would share here. I made some minor improvements to the control scheme for one. You now use a single button for all your ingame actions (versus having separate buttons for "use" and "choose menu option") which have been statically mapped to the control buttons.

You can also now toggle full-screen mode while in the game. And to be honest, I like fullscreen mode a lot more now that I can do that!

I also shifted some priorities around. I'll be implementing the "loading stuff from a file" system first before I move on to monster and combat. This so I don't do a lot of double work with the monsters and their attacks later on. I've been pushing this thing ahead of me for too long anyway.

So that's that. Now if you'll excuse me... I have freedom to celebrate!

No comments: