Monday, March 2, 2009

Structure and Design

Things are speeding up a little again.

A lot of design this past week. Getting more of the formula's nailed down as well as structuring. LOTS of Structuring. I've got the basics for the combat cycle done (partly on paper)... I've been thinking a lot about certain combat mechanics and how I'm going to have them interact... as well as how I'm going to implement all of this without redoing the framework I've been building over the course of this project.

Some of this stuff is really interesting, and some of it is tedious and minute.

I've also found out that Design is a lot more work than I initially expected. I've always been more of a designer than a programmer (but it's pretty hard to do one without the other... if you're working solo...) and I always took it as more of the "let's figure this stuff out, and make up some cool things" work. There's a lot of getting those cool ideas down to a level where you can work with them. It's interesting and I've learned a lot about that... and about working with myself, in the process!

I've also been toying with the idea of a forum. I probably won't make it 'Live' until after I've made some sort of a release though. Not much to talk about otherwise.

Anyway, more next week!

No comments: