Monday, March 9, 2009

Productivity and half-promises

So this week has been very productive!

Lots more work done on the combat, I moved a bunch of structure related things from the idea pile to actual functional code. A lot of time was spent on making boring code it seems... or rather... purely functional code.

Most of the systemworks are now worked out completely and I'm currently spending most of my time just making them. Some more concrete formulas joined the mix and I spent a while updating the documentation today as a direct result of finding that the reading of AI moves was already in the code but not in the documentation, and since I use my own docs for reference that had to be done.

I am also glad to report that I have the first actual moving images from the combat sequence! I worked out how to make it so the combat's drawing calls wouldn't cause odd jerky movement and you can now watch both player's endurance points increase (all smooth) when you enter combat.

During a break I took I was looking through some of my old posts here and I noticed that, this April, Backyard Interactive (in it's current form) will celebrate it's first anniversary! My immediate thought was "I wonder if I can have combat done by then..." and I'm not entirely sure... considering my track record... but there's a slight chance that I might.

Maybe I'll do something fun, for the heck of it, and maybe I'll be to busy doing the actual work, but you'll just have to wait for that.

In the mean time, I'll just keep at it. See you next week!

No comments: