Monday, September 29, 2008

Onwards! To math!

I keep moving the 'getting into math' part of my schedule ahead of me... I think I'm going to have to face the music sooner or later... but for now 'later' sounds pretty good!

The galaxy generator is done now. It's also scalable so if I increase the size of my galaxy I shouldn't run into any weird issues. I'm currently working on the 'system rendering' and the interface bit which should get you to the star you want to see. The rendering itself, in a basic form, exists but the interface needs to be done still and I still need to do the math bit so the solar system looks like a solar system, rather then a list of planets.

I also decided to link SDL_TTF so I can paste freefont text on the screen. It's amusing how much easier that's going every time I do it.

Well, I'm not quite 'healthy' just yet... I thought I was... but I guess I was wrong, so I hope I get proper well now so I can spend some more significant time on this.

Oh, and anyone who can find me an easy to understand tutorial on the mathematical functions Sin, Cos and Tan will become my idol for the next month. I'd really appreciate some input there :)

Until next time!

No comments: