Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And now for something completely different!

Hmm, I guess I forgot another update last week... whattaya know?

In any event, I decided to do a new project. SDL-Rogue was becoming somewhat boring and I had been busy with this other idea for a game for the last few weeks. The original idea is by my uncle and the plan was to create this thing together. He's a very busy guy however, so I took it upon myself to get some things up and running already, in the hope of motivating him as well.

Don't worry about SDL-Rogue, it won't get a lower priority then it has had for the past few months ;) - I definately want to get a first release out and I will. The timeframe has just shifted a little.

I'll be posting about this new topic under the name of "Project: SPACE". The people that know me personally probably know what I'm talking about, but for you that don't... it's kind of a secret. I'll let you know more as time progresses.

So I've got some preliminary's set up, the basic data structure figured out and the idea is to create a program that can setup, and look at, the game world. The next step after that will be to output it to XML so our actual game can handle it... whenever that gets made!

See you next week!

No comments: