Monday, September 15, 2008

Dots, Dots, Dots...

De datastructures are set now. It's a fine piece of work, if I do say so myself, and I'm confident I won't have to change it much over the course of this project.

What I'm working on for Project: Space is something I like to call: UniBrowse!

It's a program that creates a universe, consisting of a few thousand stars. Each stars will have planets orbitting it and all should be viewable from a simple mouse-driven interface. Right now I have the program generating a random universe on startup, and although there are a few minor bugs with the system, I should have that all wrapped up by next week.

The universe that gets generated now is a bit random still... I'm trying to get it look a little like a galaxy-shape but that may take a little while as my math is still a little rusty.

So that's been this week, I'll talk to you guys next monday!

No comments: