Monday, October 6, 2008

They took my blood... but I'm still not giving in to math!!

Decided to have a bloodtest done. Lots of signs that I'm sick, but my temperature's normal. Should have the results back tomorrow, I'm not expecting anything bad though... probably got to pay more attention to what I eat. :)

I did a mayor performance upgrade this week. I changed the rendering engine around so now I have SICK framerates when browsing the galaxy view (where you see all the stars). I also wrote the mouse interface, and managed to get it as fast as the rendering procedure. I'm really getting the hang of this performance conscious programming. It's fun to do too!

So the program registers when you mouse over a star now, and shows a little indicator that tells you which star is in focus. All I have to do now is drop in the 'onclick' command to take you to the star view and we have an interface.

Then I'll have to give in to the math... or move on to the next stage: Planet maps... hmm... I'm afraid that's a pretty easy decision right there...

Until next time!

No comments: