Sunday, June 8, 2008

Zap-a-Bug!

So I've been zapping bugs the past week(end) and I've finally finished up the monster database loading routine. I'm now writing documentation on the usage of the monster file as I already did the same for the level format. I'm hoping this will aid in getting people motivated to make their own content one day. If something's easy... that just means less standing in between an end-user and their potential new mod/total conversion/whatever!!

But I'm glad that's over with... freaking bugs where driving me bonkers... apparently I wrote a format that's pretty picky about the 'end of line' character... I'll have to include that in the readme somewhere.

The next thing I'm going to do is create the 'attack file format' which will hold all the AI usable attacks. After that's done, I'll find out a way to generate an arena which will be used for combat and once that is done... I can actually generate a monster when an 'encounter' happens, place him and you in the battle zone and start the battle procedures!

I'm so close I can taste it!

See you next weekend then :)

No comments: