Monday, June 30, 2008

Stop, Think, Don't delete your stuff.

When I travel I get the most of my coding done. You sit in a train and you just know you've got a half-hour to waste. Add the laptop, subtract the internet, and you've got a pretty good motivation to do coding. Ofcourse, I also code at home so before I work on my code at home I copy the code from my laptop over here. When I leave the house for more then a day, I copy my code from my PC to my laptop.

Bulletproof system? Think again! Apparently somewhere after an unscheduled travel, in which I did a bunch of work on my code, I forgot to copy my code to my PC. So I get ready for the weekend, copy my code from my PC to my laptop and... "Hmm I thought I did a lot more work already" Very stupid indeed. Guess I'll check timestamps in the future.

In any event, I finished the error handling routine and I'm now replacing old error code with the new, much more efficient, way of error handling. I'm also implementing the log entries throughout the program. It's not that much work but it tends to get a little tedious every now and then. I should probably have everything moved and upgraded by the end of this week, or by Monday.

Additionally, my vacation has officially started, so the next 6 weeks may be light on code. Not to worry though, I'll get back to it afterwards. I will try to update bi-weekly to 'keep the habit' so to speak.

No comments: