Monday, April 6, 2009

Progress on schedule

Work is slowly progressing. There's still a lot to do in rewriting the current codebase and Thomas (the coder I mentioned in my previous post) is steadily working on the overhaul. There's still a lot to do so don't expect any miracles soon.

Also, I've started the design process on the level editor this week. Right now I'm trying to find an interface that's going to provide a good work flow with the way files are handled. The result should be a very manageable editor and very small level files.

In addition to all that, we've also decided on a timetable for the project up until the first release (which will be 0.10). I'll keep the exact times under wraps in case they change, which they might, but if all goes well you should be seeing something more tangible somewhere this summer.

In the mean time, we'll keep hammering away at this puppy. See you next week!

No comments: